AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
La Liga players set for Africa Cup of Nations action
UEFA’s top-ranked league is not exactly full of African players at the moment, and traditional giants Barcelona and Real Madrid’s squad feature a total of zero footballers hailing from Africa.
As a result, you would be hard-pressed to find a La Liga team that will suffer any significant absences during the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon- Granada are the only club in the league with two tournament-bound players, and only one of them features in the starting eleven regularly.
Scroll through the list below to see the players that will be leaving their clubs on national team duty over the next 30 days.
Thomas Partey – Ghana
Deportivo La Coruña
Fayçal Fajr – Morocco
Victorien Angban – Ivory Coast
Mehdi Carcela-González – Morocco
Bakary Koné – Burkina Faso
Youssef En-Nesyri – Morocco
Aïssa Mandi – Algeria
Aymen Abdennour – Tunisia
Cédric Bakambu – DR Congo