In episode two of the revamped KingFut podcast, host Ahmed Assem...
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
La Liga players set for Africa Cup of Nations action
UEFA’s top-ranked league is not exactly full of African players at the moment, and traditional giants Barcelona and Real Madrid’s squad feature a total of zero footballers hailing from Africa.
As a result, you would be hard-pressed to find a La Liga team that will suffer any significant absences during the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon- Granada are the only club in the league with two tournament-bound players, and only one of them features in the starting eleven regularly.
Scroll through the list below to see the players that will be leaving their clubs on national team duty over the next 30 days.
Thomas Partey – Ghana
Deportivo La Coruña
Fayçal Fajr – Morocco
Victorien Angban – Ivory Coast
Mehdi Carcela-González – Morocco
Bakary Koné – Burkina Faso
Youssef En-Nesyri – Morocco
Aïssa Mandi – Algeria
Aymen Abdennour – Tunisia
Cédric Bakambu – DR Congo