Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
La Liga players set for Africa Cup of Nations action
UEFA’s top-ranked league is not exactly full of African players at the moment, and traditional giants Barcelona and Real Madrid’s squad feature a total of zero footballers hailing from Africa.
As a result, you would be hard-pressed to find a La Liga team that will suffer any significant absences during the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon- Granada are the only club in the league with two tournament-bound players, and only one of them features in the starting eleven regularly.
Scroll through the list below to see the players that will be leaving their clubs on national team duty over the next 30 days.
Thomas Partey – Ghana
Deportivo La Coruña
Fayçal Fajr – Morocco
Victorien Angban – Ivory Coast
Mehdi Carcela-González – Morocco
Bakary Koné – Burkina Faso
Youssef En-Nesyri – Morocco
Aïssa Mandi – Algeria
Aymen Abdennour – Tunisia
Cédric Bakambu – DR Congo