Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Zizo assists in Lierse win
KingFut rounds up the Pharaohs Abroad action across Europe this week, to keep you up to date with Egyptian players overseas.
Aly Ghazal – Nacional (Portugal)
Aly Ghazal watched from the bench as CD Nacional were held to a 0-0 draw with Braga on Saturday. Braga had to play without Egypt international Ahmed Hassan Koka who is currently at the Pharaohs’ training camp for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations. The result sees Nacional, who are battling against relegation, remain 16th in the league standings, while Braga are third, five points behind leaders Benfica.
Sam Morsy – Wigan Athletic (England)
Sam Morsy started for Wigan in a 2-0 FA Cup win over fellow Championship side Nottingham Forest. The goals were scored on each side of half time by Yanic Wildschut and fan favourite Will Grigg, and saw the Latics move into the 4th round of the competition. Wigan’s next game is next Saturday, away at Burton Albion in the league.
Zizo – Lierse (Belgium)
Zizo played the full 90 minutes as Lierse claimed a 5-1 win over Lommel. Dylan De Belder opened the scoring on the quarter-hour mark after an assist from Zizo. Aurelien Joachim made it 2-0 in the 37th minute from the penalty spot before Ayub Masika scored the third goal four minutes after the break. Belder completed his brace in the 68th minute and Masika scored his second of the night in the 88th minute. Glenn Neven then scored a consolation goal for Lommel in the last minute.