Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Al Ahly reject offer from Esperance for Ali Maaloul
The club’s statement came after several news outlets linked the former CS Sfaxien left-back with a move back to his native country to join Esperance.
Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz dismissed news reports suggesting the intention of Al Ahly technical team to sell the player, who has featured in 12 league matches for the Cairo giants this season.
“The club have already received an offer from Esperance to secure the services of the player [Maaloul] but the technical team rejected the idea of letting him go,” Abdel-Hafiz said.
He added that the Tunisia international would remain at the Red Castle until the end of his contract.
Maaloul joined Al Ahly from CS Sfaxien on a four-year deal during the 2016 summer transfer window. The 27-year-old had finished the 2015/16 season as the top scorer of the Tunisian Ligue 1 with 16 goals.