Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Al Ahly reject offer from Esperance for Ali Maaloul
The club’s statement came after several news outlets linked the former CS Sfaxien left-back with a move back to his native country to join Esperance.
Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz dismissed news reports suggesting the intention of Al Ahly technical team to sell the player, who has featured in 12 league matches for the Cairo giants this season.
“The club have already received an offer from Esperance to secure the services of the player [Maaloul] but the technical team rejected the idea of letting him go,” Abdel-Hafiz said.
He added that the Tunisia international would remain at the Red Castle until the end of his contract.
Maaloul joined Al Ahly from CS Sfaxien on a four-year deal during the 2016 summer transfer window. The 27-year-old had finished the 2015/16 season as the top scorer of the Tunisian Ligue 1 with 16 goals.