Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
Cuper making no promises ahead of AFCON
The Pharaohs ended their preparations for the African Cup pf Nations by defeating the Eagles of Carthage 1-0 through Marwan Mohsen.
The Argentinian coach stated, “It was a tough challenge against a very strong team such as Tunisia. The two teams were very good tactically during the first 25 minutes, we showed better quality after that, but we were affected by our physical stamina.”
He added, “We did not show our best during the game, but the results are going in the right direction. I can’t guarantee how far Egypt will reach at the Africa Cup of Nations but I care about improving the performance every game and at the end we are trying to make those fans happy and we need everyone’s support.”
On Amr Warda’s performance, Cuper said, “I am very happy with his performance tonight, he played very well and so did many players who showed determination to prove themselves.”
On the other hand, Cuper did not confirm who will be Egypt’s first choice goalkeeper in the African Cup of Nations stating, “The coaching staff has not decided who will be the starting goalkeeper in the tournament yet; neither did we decide the rest of the starting eleven against Mali.”
Egypt is set to feature in the 2017 African Cup of Nations in Gabon next week, where they are placed in the fourth group along with Ghana, Uganda and Mali.