Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Sofiane Boufal injured and will miss AFCON
The Southampton midfielder was sent home on Sunday from Morocco’s training camp without revealing the details of his injury. “Boufal has left after examination of his injury showed he would not be capable of playing,” the national team said in a statement.
Renard is already in hot water after he lost midfielders Younes Belhanda, Oussame Tannane and Nordin Amrabat to injuries earlier.
Morocco will be playing a friendly match against Finland for its final preparations before the team heads to Gabon as they will be facing the Democratic Republic of Congo in Oyem on 16 January.
Boufal’s replacement has not been named yet but news have been circulating that Wydad Casablanca’s winger Ismail Haddad might be chosen to replace him.