Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced that a media ban will...
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
Sofiane Boufal injured and will miss AFCON
The Southampton midfielder was sent home on Sunday from Morocco’s training camp without revealing the details of his injury. “Boufal has left after examination of his injury showed he would not be capable of playing,” the national team said in a statement.
Renard is already in hot water after he lost midfielders Younes Belhanda, Oussame Tannane and Nordin Amrabat to injuries earlier.
Morocco will be playing a friendly match against Finland for its final preparations before the team heads to Gabon as they will be facing the Democratic Republic of Congo in Oyem on 16 January.
Boufal’s replacement has not been named yet but news have been circulating that Wydad Casablanca’s winger Ismail Haddad might be chosen to replace him.