Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
EXCLUSIVE | Togo’s Ihlas Bebou reflects on Africa Cup of Nations chances
Togo forward Ihlas Bebou shares his thoughts about the team’s progress ahead of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon.
The competition is set to kick-off in exactly four days Les Eperviers find themselves in a tough group (C) along with giants Ivory Coast, Morocco and DR Congo.
Despite their tough group, the Fortuna Düsseldorf forward is looking for a positive tournament from his team.
“We have got a good atmosphere in the team and everyone in the squad is working hard in all training sessions,” Bebou told KingFut.
“We have a good team, we have to do our best in every game. Then we can have a successful tournament for ourselves,” Bebou continued.
Togo boss Claude Le Roy gave the 22-year-old his maiden call-up last September in the teams 5-0 thrashing of Djibouti. Despite the huge scoreline, Bebou remained on the bench.
“Our coach had previoulsy conveyed to me the feeling that I’m going to be called for the Africa Cup of Nations, because I gave my best in the training sessions,” Bebou claimed regarding his chances to make the tournament in Gabon as he was included in the traveling squad.
Despite being without a club since last summer, former Real Madrid striker and Togo captain Emmanuel Adebayor made the traveling squad to Gabon and with Bebou already racking up five goals and five assists in all competitions with Düsseldorf this season, he spoke highly of captain.
“Adebayor is a leader in every training session. He works hard like we all do. A good captain.”
Finally, Ihlas Bebou has banked on the 12th man to make the difference for the Togolese camp.
“We are looking forward to the support of the fans and want to make them happy. We will do our best to go as far as possible in the tournament,” concluded Bebou.