Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
Algeria midfielder Saphir Taider to miss AFCON
The central midfielder suffered a knee injury during training. He is to be flown to Italy for treatment but it’s certain he will miss AFCON 2017.
Saphir Taider’s injury now forces George Leekens to reconsider his plans, only a few days from Algeria’s first match at AFCON 2017. They play Zimbabwe on Sunday.
Tunisia and Senegal are the other teams Algeria will face in group B.
The injury leaves Algeria short of experience. They already have to do without Sofiane Feghouli and Carl Medjani. The duo was not part of Leekens 23-man squad for the AFCON.
Arsenal’s academy midfielder Ismaël Bennacer, who is 19 years old, has been called up to replace the injured central midfielder.
The 24 year old Taider featured for Algeria at the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He plays for Bologna, in the Serie A.