AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Hector Cuper highlights on Egyptians abroad and life in Egypt
Egypt coach Hector Cuper has spoken out on the Egyptian players playing abroad, saying that he has elements of great qualities in the team.
“I have a good team. We have a base of local players of good level thanks to the great competitiveness of our league. We also have some elements of great quality like Elmohamady, Ramadan Sobhi and Elneny playing in the Premier League and especially Salah,” Cuper told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
“Salah is doing very well at Roma. He is serious, prepared and above all he is very humble like everyone here [in the national team]. If he continues like that he can become one of the best in the world, I wish him the best from the bottom of my heart.”
The former Inter manager also discussed life in Egypt and how he managed to adapt to life in the country.
“Egypt’s political problems? I heard of those problems and I lived them personally. I am living in the 6th of October city which is 30km away from Cairo. I decided to put myself in the reality of this big nation and consequently I had to face social issues and policies. Our sport is a fundamental part of people’s life.”
“Games in Egypt have been played in closed doors for four years now. Despite this I discovered a passion of football that is not inferior to that I see in Argentina. Rivalry between clubs like Al Ahly and Zamalek can be safely compared to that between River Plate and Boca Juniors.”