Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Uganda beaten by Ivory Coast ahead of 2017 AFCON
Uganda held their opponents till the 51st minute when Aston Villa striker Jonathan Kodjia put the Black Stars into the lead.
Seven minutes later, Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha scored his first goal with Ivory Coast to double his side’s lead.
Paris Saint Germain right-back Serge Aurier scored Ivory Coast’s third goal after meeting Max Gradel’s corner with a header.
Uganda were drawn in group D alongside Egypt, Ghana and Mali. will kick off their campagin by facing Ghana on the 17th of January.
Ivory Coast were seeded in group C alongside Togo, Morocco and DR Congo. The regaining champions will start the campaign of defending their title by facing Togo on the 16th of January.