Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Ghana beat FC Bunyodkor ahead of AFCON
The Uzbek side were holding out for a draw until substitute Asamoah Gyan put the Black Stars into the lead after 67 minutes with his first touch of the game.
Anderlecht’s winger Frank Acheampong doubled Ghana’s lead eight minutes later as he followed Bernard Tekpetey’s shot into the net, to earn the Black Stars a 2-0 win.
Ghana were drawn in Group D alongside Egypt, Uganda and Mali. They will kick off their campaign against Uganda on the 17th of January at Stade de Port-Gentil before facing Mali on the 21st and then going head to head against the Pharaohs four days later.