Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Ghana beat FC Bunyodkor ahead of AFCON
Egypt’s AFCON opponents Ghana have defeated Uzbekistan’s FC Bunyodkor 2-0 on Tuesday in their last test ahead of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations.
The Uzbek side were holding out for a draw until substitute Asamoah Gyan put the Black Stars into the lead after 67 minutes with his first touch of the game.
Anderlecht’s winger Frank Acheampong doubled Ghana’s lead eight minutes later as he followed Bernard Tekpetey’s shot into the net, to earn the Black Stars a 2-0 win.
Ghana were drawn in Group D alongside Egypt, Uganda and Mali. They will kick off their campaign against Uganda on the 17th of January at Stade de Port-Gentil before facing Mali on the 21st and then going head to head against the Pharaohs four days later.