Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Ghana beat FC Bunyodkor ahead of AFCON
The Uzbek side were holding out for a draw until substitute Asamoah Gyan put the Black Stars into the lead after 67 minutes with his first touch of the game.
Anderlecht’s winger Frank Acheampong doubled Ghana’s lead eight minutes later as he followed Bernard Tekpetey’s shot into the net, to earn the Black Stars a 2-0 win.
Ghana were drawn in Group D alongside Egypt, Uganda and Mali. They will kick off their campaign against Uganda on the 17th of January at Stade de Port-Gentil before facing Mali on the 21st and then going head to head against the Pharaohs four days later.