Newly elected president of the Confederation of African Football Ahmad Ahmad announced his backing...
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
Morocco’s players reaction following Egypt defeat
The Pharaohs left it late to beat Morocco and qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations semi-finals thanks to Mahmoud Kahraba’s late winner, whose goal delighted the Egyptians while disappointing the Moroccan players.
So, here is the reactions from some of the Morocco national team players:
The former Anderlecht and Lokomotiv Moscow player played the full 90 minutes and nearly scored but his shot hit Essam El-Hadary’s posts.
“The pitch was very poor, It was disastrous but we were forced to play on it. The players showed a great fighting spirit, but that’s football,” Boussoufa said.
“We had many chances to score, instead we failed to convert them and conceded as well. Them scoring in the last minutes made it difficult for us to comeback,” he added.
The current Feyenoord and former Aston Villa midfielder has also expressed his disappointment following the Egypt game.
“We knew whoever scores first will win the game. We had many chances in the second-half, but couldn’t convert them and the opponents scored. We fought till the end and showed that we have a great team,” Karim El-Ahmadi said.
The Napoli midfielder started the game on bench and was introduced by Hervé Renard after 78th minute when he replaced Aziz Bouhaddouz.
“We had four or five chances but didn’t score them. We deserved to win but the opponent scored. We are proud of what we have achieved but also disappointed of being knocked out,” Omar El-Kaddouri said.
The Deportivo La Coruña midfielder, who also played the full 90 minutes and came close to scoring in the dying moments of the game, also blamed the bad pitch for the loss.
“I don’t have words to describe the disappointment. We did everything possible to win this game and we had chances to do so, but I have to say something although I don’t like making excuses, playing in a pitch likes this in 2017 is not acceptable,” Fayçal Fajr said.
“I would like to congratulate the players and the technical staff for what they achieved,” he added.