Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Morocco’s players reaction following Egypt defeat
The Pharaohs left it late to beat Morocco and qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations semi-finals thanks to Mahmoud Kahraba’s late winner, whose goal delighted the Egyptians while disappointing the Moroccan players.
So, here is the reactions from some of the Morocco national team players:
The former Anderlecht and Lokomotiv Moscow player played the full 90 minutes and nearly scored but his shot hit Essam El-Hadary’s posts.
“The pitch was very poor, It was disastrous but we were forced to play on it. The players showed a great fighting spirit, but that’s football,” Boussoufa said.
“We had many chances to score, instead we failed to convert them and conceded as well. Them scoring in the last minutes made it difficult for us to comeback,” he added.
The current Feyenoord and former Aston Villa midfielder has also expressed his disappointment following the Egypt game.
“We knew whoever scores first will win the game. We had many chances in the second-half, but couldn’t convert them and the opponents scored. We fought till the end and showed that we have a great team,” Karim El-Ahmadi said.
The Napoli midfielder started the game on bench and was introduced by Hervé Renard after 78th minute when he replaced Aziz Bouhaddouz.
“We had four or five chances but didn’t score them. We deserved to win but the opponent scored. We are proud of what we have achieved but also disappointed of being knocked out,” Omar El-Kaddouri said.
The Deportivo La Coruña midfielder, who also played the full 90 minutes and came close to scoring in the dying moments of the game, also blamed the bad pitch for the loss.
“I don’t have words to describe the disappointment. We did everything possible to win this game and we had chances to do so, but I have to say something although I don’t like making excuses, playing in a pitch likes this in 2017 is not acceptable,” Fayçal Fajr said.
“I would like to congratulate the players and the technical staff for what they achieved,” he added.