Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Hazem Emam: Egypt’s Hegazy, Gabr are better than Benatia
Former Egypt international Hazem Emam praised the Pharaohs’ centre-backs Ahmed Hegazy and Ali Gabr, saying they’re better than Morocco’s Medhi Benatia.
“Hegazy and Gabr are the best defenders in Africa without a doubt,” Emam, current member of the Egyptian Football Association, said on ON Sport satellite channel.
“With all due respect to Mehdi Benatia, defender of the Moroccan national team and Juventus, but Hegazy and Gabr are better defensively and offensively.
“But it’s luck, with all due respect to Benatia, he is a good defender, but he has an agent who promotes him well,” Emam added.
The Atlas Lions were eliminated from the AFCON after losing 1-0 against Egypt in the quarter-final.