Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Hazem Emam: Egypt’s Hegazy, Gabr are better than Benatia
Former Egypt international Hazem Emam praised the Pharaohs’ centre-backs Ahmed Hegazy and Ali Gabr, saying they’re better than Morocco’s Medhi Benatia.
“Hegazy and Gabr are the best defenders in Africa without a doubt,” Emam, current member of the Egyptian Football Association, said on ON Sport satellite channel.
“With all due respect to Mehdi Benatia, defender of the Moroccan national team and Juventus, but Hegazy and Gabr are better defensively and offensively.
“But it’s luck, with all due respect to Benatia, he is a good defender, but he has an agent who promotes him well,” Emam added.
The Atlas Lions were eliminated from the AFCON after losing 1-0 against Egypt in the quarter-final.