Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Szczesny, Džeko wish Salah ‘good luck’ ahead of AFCON final
AS Roma players Wojciech Szczesny and Edin Džeko wished their teammate Mohamed Salah good luck ahead of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations final on Sunday.
Roma have been without Salah over the past few weeks as the Egypt international winger has been away on international duty, helping the Pharaohs reach the AFCON final.
The Giallorossi goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny expressed his support for Salah in a video published on AS Roma’s Facebook page, saying he wishes for Salah to score the winner in the final against Cameroon.
“Momo [Salah], we’re very sad that you’re in the final because we wanted you to come back earlier but since you’re in the final we wish you all the best,” Szczesny said.
“We hope you score the winning goal and come back happy and help us win trophies as well,” he added.
Bosnian forward Edin Dzeko also wished the Egypt international good luck in the final, saying that they’re waiting for his return.
“We need you back as soon as possible Momo, you need to score some goals for AS Roma as well,” Dzeko said.
Roma currently sit third in the Serie A standings on 47 points, one behind second-placed Napoli, who played an extra game.