Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Abou-Rida: Cuper is doing great with the national team
Egypt had lost 2-1 to Cameroon in the AFCON final on Sunday, thus failing to extend their winning record to eight. Despite his journey to the final, Cúper was continuously under intense criticism from the Egyptian media and fans for his defensive style of play.
However, EFA President Hany About-Rida was quick to show his support for the Argentine manager, who helped the Pharaohs qualify to the 2017 AFCON for the first time since being crowned champions in 2010.
“He has done his best since taking charge of the team and he has helped us build a new team,” said Abou-Rida, and continued, “There is no room for talking about ending Cúper’s contract.”
Abou-Rida also emphasized the EFA’s satisfaction with Cúper’s progress with the team, and rebuilding a strong team with several promising talents. Aside from AFCON qualification, Egypt beat Uganda and Ghana in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers, putting it in a favorable position for qualification.
“He will stay as head coach, we like what he is doing with team,” he declared.
About-Rida added, “We are in a good place in the World Cup qualification and we dream we can reach the tournament in Russia in 2018. We all support him.”