Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
FIFA rankings: Egypt top Africa for the first time in seven years
ِEgypt have jumped up 12 spots in the latest FIFA world rankings and is currently in the 23rd position worldwide and sits on top of the African ranking.
The Egyptian national team came second in the 2017 African Cup of Nations in Gabon not losing any matches except for the final match against Cameroon which ended 2-1 for the Indomitable Lions.
It is worth mentioning that when Hector Cuper started leading the team Egypt was ranked 58 worldwide. According to FIFA’s previous world rankings, the national team was ranked 35th. Now Egypt has 881 points and is in the 23rd place.
Senegal came second in Africa and 31st worldwide followed by Cameroon in third place as they moved up 29 spots after the AFCON. Tunisia was ranked fourth in Africa while DR Congo was ranked fifth.