Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
FIFA rankings: Egypt top Africa for the first time in seven years
The Egyptian national team came second in the 2017 African Cup of Nations in Gabon not losing any matches except for the final match against Cameroon which ended 2-1 for the Indomitable Lions.
It is worth mentioning that when Hector Cuper started leading the team Egypt was ranked 58 worldwide. According to FIFA’s previous world rankings, the national team was ranked 35th. Now Egypt has 881 points and is in the 23rd place.
Senegal came second in Africa and 31st worldwide followed by Cameroon in third place as they moved up 29 spots after the AFCON. Tunisia was ranked fourth in Africa while DR Congo was ranked fifth.