An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
FIFA rankings: Egypt top Africa for the first time in seven years
ِEgypt have jumped up 12 spots in the latest FIFA world rankings and is currently in the 23rd position worldwide and sits on top of the African ranking.
The Egyptian national team came second in the 2017 African Cup of Nations in Gabon not losing any matches except for the final match against Cameroon which ended 2-1 for the Indomitable Lions.
It is worth mentioning that when Hector Cuper started leading the team Egypt was ranked 58 worldwide. According to FIFA’s previous world rankings, the national team was ranked 35th. Now Egypt has 881 points and is in the 23rd place.
Senegal came second in Africa and 31st worldwide followed by Cameroon in third place as they moved up 29 spots after the AFCON. Tunisia was ranked fourth in Africa while DR Congo was ranked fifth.