Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Al Ahly, Ismaily play out goalless draw
Ismaily and Al Ahly shared the spoils with a 0-0 draw in gameweek 18 of the Egyptian Premier League on Wednesday.
After a poor tactical performance from both sides, the game ended goalless. Despite the draw, Al Ahly remain on top of league with 46 points. Ismaily move up to the 9th place on 23 points.
Al Ahly had to do without injured trio Abdallah El-Said, Ahmed Fathi and Ahmed Hegazy, while coach Hossam El-Badry decided to exclude new signings Amr Barakat and Souleymane Coulibaly from the squad.
The early stages of the game saw attempts from both sides to dominate the midfield area, yet with no luck.
The most dangerous chance of the first half came after 34 minutes, when Junior Ajayi’s pass found Mido Gaber, but the latter’s strike was diverted into a corner by Ismaily keeper Mohamed Awad.
The Nigerian striker had a chance two minutes later after a cross from Mohamed Hany, but his header went wide.
El-Badry brought on Karim Nedved to replace Momen Zakaria in halftime in an attempt to boost his side’s poor offense, before Saleh Gomaa came on to replace Hossam Ashour on the one-hour mark. Walid Soliman was Al Ahly’s last substitution as he replaced Mido Gaber with 16 minutes to go.
Ismaily were close to taking the lead 13 minutes from time, after midfielder Emad Hamdy went one-on-one with Al Ahly keeper Sherif Ekramy, but his shot hit the bar.
Al Ahly responded immediately as team’s skipper Hossam Ghaly failed to convert Amr Gamal’s assist from inside the box. Saleh Gomaa was also denied by Awad in the 82nd minute as the Ismaily keeper diverted the ball into a corner.