Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Mahmoud Gaber lead Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
Oukri and Taha seal Zamalek debut defeat for Hossam Paulo
Hossam Paulo scored on his Zamalek debut, but strikes from Oumed Oukri and Tarek Taha condemned the Whites to a 2-1 loss against Entag El-Harby on Wednesday, in Egyptian Premier League action.
Buoyed by their Egypt Super Cup win over bitter rivals Al Ahly last weekend, Zamalek entered the match looking to put pressure on the former in the league, as well as second-placed Misr El-Maqassa.
It therefore came as a shock to the 2016 Egypt Cup winners when Oumed Oukri gave Entag the lead in the 22nd minute.
Things got worse for Mohamed Helmy’s men, however, as Taha doubled the army club’s lead 13 minutes later.
Debutant and two-time Egyptian Premier League top scorer Hossam Salama ‘Paulo’ pulled one back for his side on the stroke of half-time, to keep the visitors on their toes in the second interval.
Nevertheless, an equaliser was not forthcoming and Entag grabbed an unlikely win to put some distance between themselves and the relegation zone, as they aim to preserve their top-flight status with just under half of the season left.
Zamalek’s loss means Al Ahly’s advantage over their rivals grew by a point, after the Red Devils played out a 0-0 stalemate with Ismaily just earlier on Wednesday.