Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz assured that the internal situation for...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Meteb is an important player for us
- Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Oukri and Taha seal Zamalek debut defeat for Hossam Paulo
Hossam Paulo scored on his Zamalek debut, but strikes from Oumed Oukri and Tarek Taha condemned the Whites to a 2-1 loss against Entag El-Harby on Wednesday, in Egyptian Premier League action.
It therefore came as a shock to the 2016 Egypt Cup winners when Oumed Oukri gave Entag the lead in the 22nd minute.
Things got worse for Mohamed Helmy’s men, however, as Taha doubled the army club’s lead 13 minutes later.
Debutant and two-time Egyptian Premier League top scorer Hossam Salama ‘Paulo’ pulled one back for his side on the stroke of half-time, to keep the visitors on their toes in the second interval.
Nevertheless, an equaliser was not forthcoming and Entag grabbed an unlikely win to put some distance between themselves and the relegation zone, as they aim to preserve their top-flight status with just under half of the season left.
Zamalek’s loss means Al Ahly’s advantage over their rivals grew by a point, after the Red Devils played out a 0-0 stalemate with Ismaily just earlier on Wednesday.