Former Al Ahly forward Flávio da Silva Amado has been appointed as...
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
Broos, Mancini, and World Cup legend join Shehata as candidates for Bafana job
The South African Football Association has announced a shortlist of potential national team managers that includes Hassan Shehata.
The SAFA have announced a list of potential applicants for the vacant managerial position of the South African national team that includes Egyptian manager Hassan Shehata.
The announcement of potential names has been posted by SAFA’s official Twitter account after a meeting has been conducted last week which included CEO Dennis Mumble.
Some applicants for Bafana job: Roberto Mancini, Trapattoni, Hassan Shihata, Hugo Brooks, Samson Siasia, Lothar Mattheus, Bernd Schuster
— Bafana Bafana (@BafanaBafana) February 16, 2017
The list includes: Roberto Mancini, Giovanni Trapattoni, Hassan Shehata, Hugo Broos, Samson Siasia, Lothar Mattheus and Bernd Schuster.
SAFA has formed a committee that’s tasked with finding South Africa a manager before the end of February. This committee includes Bafana Bafana legends Benni McCarthy & Lucas Radebe as well Clive Barker, Neil Tovey, Natasha Tsichlas and Danny Jordaan.
The Petrojet manager is amongst an elite list of managers that includes veteran Giovanni Trapattoni, Serie A and Premier League winner Roberto Mancini, La Liga winner Bernd Schuster and World Cup legend Lothar Mattheus who won the title as a player.
SAFA have defined a set of characteristics needed from potential manager that includes previous experience in African competitions which perfectly suits three time AFCON winner Hassan Shehata who was previously tipped for the job.
The Bafana Bafana have also said that it is expected of the new manager to qualify for the 2018 World Cup and the 2019 African Cup of Nations.