ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Egypt name coaching staff of local national team
Ramzy, who was appointed local national team manager in January, will be assisted by general manager Tarek El-Said. Hesham Abdel-Moneim and Tarek El-Sayed were named as assistant coaches and Khaled Mostafa will hold the position of goalkeeping coach.
Egypt will play Morocco in two-legs in CHAN 2018 qualifiers and the winner will qualify directly to the tournament that will take place in Kenya next January.
The first leg is set for 11-13 August in Egypt, while the second leg will be held between 18-20 August.
This marks Egypt’s first ever participation in the qualifiers of the competition, which was created in 2009, exclusively featuring players who play in their respective national leagues.
EFA have also appointed former Smouha manager Hamada Sedki as Egypt U-18 national team manager. He will be assisted by Osama Hosni as a general manager, Tamer Hassan as a coach and Walid Attia as a goalkeeping coach.
Ali Maher has been named Egypt U-15 national team manager, assisted by Medhat Abdel-Hady as a general manager, Hamdi Hamdan and Omar El-Noor as coaches and Mohamed Ashour as a goalkeeping coach.