Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Elneny remains on bench in Arsenal’s humiliating 5-1 defeat to Bayern Munich
Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny watched from the bench as Arsenal were hammered 5-1 by Bayern Munich in their Champions League round of 16 first leg at the Allianz Arena.
Arsenal started the game cautiously but that didn’t stop Arjen Robben from opening the scoring after just 11 minutes.
Alexis Sanchez equalised on the half-hour mark with the forward slotting home the rebound of his penalty kick that was initially saved by Manuel Neuer, as the Gunners went into the halftime at 1-1.
Bayern dominated the game in terms of possession and goals in the second half, scoring three goals less than 20 minutes after the break.
Eight minutes into the second half, Robert Lewandowski regained the hosts’ lead with a header before Thiago Alcantara made it 3-1 three minutes later. Alcantara completed his brace at the 63rd minute.
Thomas Mueller rubbed salt into Arsenal’s wounds as he scored a late fifth goal two minutes from time.
The Gunners, who have been eliminated in the first knockout round of the Champions League in each of the last six seasons, are now on the brink of another last-16 exit. They will face the German side for the second leg on March 7.