Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Peter Crouch: Ramadan is doing great and will benefit from game time
The 36-year-old striker has talked about Egypt’s Ramadan Sobhi and his recent performances after the prodigy provided an assist to Joe Allen in the 1-0 win over Crystal Palace last week.
“He will benefit from game time,” said Crouch. “I think obviously it takes time. He comes from a totally different culture and totally different way of playing football and he’s got to get used to playing in the Premier League.”
Sobhi has just returned from winning second place with Egypt in the AFCON and has been trusted with a starting place by Mark Hughes against Palace.
Crouch then praised Ramadan and his efforts saying: “But he’s got a lot of good attributes and he works very hard.
“He doesn’t speak great English yet but he’s a great lad and I thought he did very well for Joe Allen’s goal on Saturday.”
The 6ft 7in forward has been enjoying a decent run of form in the past few weeks as he scored four goals in eight league matches including his 100th Premier League goal.
The 20-year-old will face contention for a starting spot on the 26th of February against Tottenham from Xherdan Shaqiri who’s set to return from injury by that time.
It’s worth noting that Sobhi together with his teammates are set to fly out to Dubai as the Potters have a six-day warm weather training camp before facing third placed Tottenham.