Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Peter Crouch: Ramadan is doing great and will benefit from game time
The 36-year-old striker has talked about Egypt’s Ramadan Sobhi and his recent performances after the prodigy provided an assist to Joe Allen in the 1-0 win over Crystal Palace last week.
“He will benefit from game time,” said Crouch. “I think obviously it takes time. He comes from a totally different culture and totally different way of playing football and he’s got to get used to playing in the Premier League.”
Sobhi has just returned from winning second place with Egypt in the AFCON and has been trusted with a starting place by Mark Hughes against Palace.
Crouch then praised Ramadan and his efforts saying: “But he’s got a lot of good attributes and he works very hard.
“He doesn’t speak great English yet but he’s a great lad and I thought he did very well for Joe Allen’s goal on Saturday.”
The 6ft 7in forward has been enjoying a decent run of form in the past few weeks as he scored four goals in eight league matches including his 100th Premier League goal.
The 20-year-old will face contention for a starting spot on the 26th of February against Tottenham from Xherdan Shaqiri who’s set to return from injury by that time.
It’s worth noting that Sobhi together with his teammates are set to fly out to Dubai as the Potters have a six-day warm weather training camp before facing third placed Tottenham.