Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
PAOK fail to score as Schalke cruise past the Greek side
Amr Warda came on as a substitute, appearing in the 85th minute with very little time to help his side come back from a two goal deficit as they eventually lost 3-0 to Schalke in Salonika
Just five minutes into the match and PAOK got their first chance of the game when Giannis Mystakidis’ low cross from the left hand side found Leo Mateos, whose shot just nicked off the post.
17 minutes on the clock and the away side responded as Leon Goretzka’s shot from the outside the box went just wide.
Only seven minutes later and the Gelsenkirchen side came closer to scoring as Saed Kolasinac’s shot was straight into the arms of Panagiotis Glykos.
Not long after Kolasinac’s effort, Schalke created a goal-scoring chance from a set-piece when Naldo’s header forced a great save from PAOK’s Glykos, but Guido Burgstaller latched on to the rebound to score Schalke’s first goal of the evening.
With eight minutes left to play, Schalke’s captain Benedikt Howedes bombarded forward down the right hand side to produce a fine cross for Max Meyer to head in and score his first goal in the Europa League and the German side’s second of the night.
Just three minutes before the full-time whistle, substitute Klass-Jan Huntelaar left-footed shot off a rebound secured Schalke’s third of the night.
A minute later, PAOK had their first chance of the second half when substitute Amr Warda produced a fine shot from outside the box to force a brilliant save from Ralf Fahrmann.
PAOK will now look to focus on league matters as they face bottom of the league Veria on Sunday.