Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Guinea win bronze after defeating South Africa in AFCON U-20
The two teams faced for the first time at Heroes National Stadium in Lusaka, Zambia. South Africa took the lead in the sixth minute by Liam Jordan. However, South Africa didn’t get the chance to take advantage of this goal as Guinea equalized the score thanks to an own goal by Katlego Mohamme.
With only five minutes to go, South Africa’s skipper Tercious Malepe committed a fatal mistake as he awarded Guinea a penalty kick because of a handball inside the box. The penalty was successfully scored by Naby Bangoura to make the score 2-1.
Thendo Mukumela almost equalized the score for South Africa in the injury time with a free header, but the ball went over the crossbar.
Both teams along with 2017 AFCON U-20 finalists, Zambia and Senegal, will represent Africa at this year’s FIFA U-20 World Cup in South Korea.