Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
REMONTADA: Egypt’s Ashour El-Adham scores to help Al Merriekh complete historic comeback
Sudanese tier Al Merriekh overturned a 0-3 first-leg deficit against Nigerian side Rivers United and qualified to the group stages of the CAF Champions League after sealing a 4-0 win.
Former Ittihad of Alexandria player Ashour El-Adham who joined Al Merriekh on a six-month loan move last year scored his team’s first goal in the 8th minute of the match and started one of the biggest comebacks in the history of the championship.
El Merriekh’s uprising was just starting as the team’s striker Bakri Al-Madina scored two goals before the first half ended crushing the Nigerian side’s defensive strategy. Substitute Mohamed Hashem later managed to score the fourth goal to seal a historic win for his side and throwing Rivers United out of the Champions League.
Although the Sudanese champions continued their match domination, they were not able to convert their ball possession to a goal. However, substitute Mohamed Hashem later managed to score the fourth goal to seal a historic win for his side and throwing Rivers United out of the Champions League.
The team qualified to the group stages on a 4-3 aggregate while Rivers United will be heading to the CAF Confederations Cup.