Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Al Ahly: Bidvest Wits were not as good as we expected
Al Ahly board member and the team’s South Africa delegation head Kamel Zaher spoke about the Red Devils’ last match against Bidvest Wits and coach Hossam El-Badry future with the team.
The Cairo Giants qualified to the CAF Champions League group stage following a goalless draw with Bidvest Wits in the second leg of the round of 32. El-Badry led the team qualifying with a 1-0 aggregate victory over Bidvest Wits.
“South African side Bidvest Wits were not as good as we expected them to be during the match,” Zaher said in radio comments.
As for Hossam El-Badry, Zaher assured that the coach will continue leading the team normally contrary to news reports that suggested otherwise. He also assured that Al Ahly was not willing to let El-Badry go if the team was eliminated from the Champions League. “The board had no intention to remove El-Badry even if we were eliminated by Bidvest Wits,” he added.
The board member also spoke about the new players who did not get the chance yet to play with the team by saying that such a topic can only be discussed by the technical staff who have the final say.