Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
El-Hadary: Our main goal now is the AFCON qualifiers
The Pharaohs will face Togo in a friendly game on March 28 to prepare for Tunisia’s encounter in the 2019 AFCON qualifiers, and for Uganda’s two crucial games in the World cup qualifiers over the coming few months.
“We are not thinking about the last AFCON or the World Cup qualifiers as our main goal now is the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, which starts from the Tunisia game,” El-Hadary said.
“The training camp is important for the technical staff to add new players to the squad in a beneficial way for them, and at the right time. That’s what distinguish the current staff.
“The national team didn’t reach the AFCON final thanks to the staff and players only, as the fans and media are behind that too and I ask them to continue their support to achieve all of our goals,” he added.
It’s worth mentioning that Héctor Cúper has announced his 24-man squad for the Pharaohs upcoming training camp and it included four uncapped players.