Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Ghanaian referee Joseph Lamptey banned for life
The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has banned Ghanaian referee Joseph Odartei Lamptey for life from any football-related activities, both national and international.
Lamptey received the ban for a controversial penalty that he gave during the 2018 World Cup qualifiers match between South Africa and Senegal, which was played last November. The Ghanaian official was found guilty of breaching article 69 par. 1 (unlawfully influencing match results) of the FIFA Disciplinary Code.
The controversial penalty was given for a non-existent handball against Senegal’s defender Kalidou Koulibaly as the match replays clearly showed the ball struck Koulibaly’s knee and then dropped to the ground.
This is not the first controversial incident that Lamptey has been involved in as he was the referee of Al Ahly’s match against Esperance in the semi-finals of the 2010 African Champions League, when he awarded the Tunisian side a handball goal, that led them to qualify to the final.
On the other hand, the FIFA Disciplinary Committee has dropped all the charges against another Ghanaian referee, David Lionheart Nii Lartey Laryea, who was also under investigation.
Moreover, FIFA has stated that further information regarding the South Africa vs. Senegal match will be available once the decision becomes final.
It is worh mentioning that CAF slapped Lampety with a three month suspension in November after the Senegalese Football Federation (FSF) lodged a complaint against him.
Watch the incident: