Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Squash British Open: Men’s and Women’s First Round Draw announced
Following the conclusion of the men’s and women’s qualifying rounds, the Round One matches of the British Open squash tournament have been revealed, with 10 men and eight women from Egypt, and a total of 64 men and women progressing to that round.
The women’s qualifiers kicked off with Egypt’s Hania El Hammamy beating Rachael Chadwick 3-0 (11/5, 11/6, 11/9) to book a spot in Round One, followed by Mayar Hany eliminating compatriot Amina Yousry 3-1 (11/9, 11/8, 8/11, 11/8). Then, Nada Abbas defeated Hollie Naughton 3-1 (11/6, 6/11, 11/4, 11/8). The last women’s qualifying match saw a huge upset as Mexico’s Samantha Teran eliminated Nadine Shahin 3-1 (17/15, 13/15, 11/8, 11/5) to force her out of the tournament.
Round One of the women’s draw, which will begin on Tuesday, will see Egypt’s Nour El-Sherbini face Denmark’s Line Hansen, Hania El-Hammamy will face Camille Serme, and Nada Abbas face Nouran Gohar. The full list of games is listed below.
In the men’s bracket, Karim Ali Fathi was eliminated by Gregoire Marche 3-0 (11/9, 12/10, 11/8), while Zahed Mohamed beat Lucas Serme 3-1 (11/9, 11/8, 8/11, 11/3). The last spot in the first round went to England’s Nathan Lake, who eliminated Mohamed Reda 3-1 (11/6, 9/11, 11/7, 11/6). Three all-Egyptian matches will be played in the first round of the men’s bracket: Mohamed El-Shorbagy vs. Fares Desouky, Zahed mOhamed vs. Ramy Ashour, and Omar Mosaad vs. Karim Abdel-Gawad. The rest of the matches are listed below and will also be played on Tuesday.
Nour El Sherbini (EGY) vs. Line Hansen (DEN)
Allison Waters (ENG) vs. Salma Hany Ibrahim (EGY)
Joelle King (NZL) vs. Mayar Hany (EGY)
Ranem El-Welily vs. Fiona Moverley (ENG)
Nada Abbas (EGY) vs. Nouran Gohar (EGY)
Smanatha Teran (MEX) vs. Nour El-Tayeb (EGY)
Hania El-Hammamy (EGY) vs Camille Serme (FRA)
Mohamed El-Shorbagy (EGY) vs. Fares Dessouky (EGY)
Ali Farag (EGY) vs. Ryan Cuskelly (AUS)
Tarek Momen (EGY) vs. Alan CLyne (SCO)
Max Lee (HKG) vs Marwan El-Shorbagy (EGY)
Zahed MOhamed (EGY) vs. Ramy Ashour (EGY)
Charles Sharpes (ENG) vs. Mohamed Abouelghar (EGY)
Omar Mosaad (EGY) vs. Karim Abdel-Gawad (EGY)