Amr Warda scored his first PAOK goal in a convincing 3-1 win...
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
Egypt’s starting XI vs Togo: Ekramy, Elmohamady, Saad Samir, Hegazi, Hafez; Sam Morsy, Elneny; Warda, Sobhi, Jakobsen; Kahraba.
Egypt started the game today against Togo, trying to win the midfield battle in order to dominate the game. But Togo managed to use the high pressure approach, in order to force Egypt to make some errors — but the players were mentally foucsed, which saw the first half ending with a goalless draw.
The second half saw the first substitution in the game as Ahmed El-Sheikh replaced Jakobsen, in order to boost Egypt’s attack.
In the 48th minute, Hegazi’s long ball saw Mahmoud Kahraba turning a mistake by the Togolese defender into a goal with a calm finish to make it 1-0 for the hosts.
Seven minutes later, Ahmed El-Sheikh scored on his debut through a free kick to double Egypt’s lead.
In the 63rd minute, Arsenal’s player Mohamed Elneny scored the third and last goal for the Pharaohs after receiving a good long pass from Sam Morsy.
The Pharaohs significantly improved in the second half to change the momentum and score of the game, dominating the flow and passing in the Togo half. A deserved win for Egypt, as the hosts managed to score three goals and keep a clean sheet today against Togo.