Amr Warda scored his first PAOK goal in a convincing 3-1 win...
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
Peter Odemwingie joins Indonesian side Madura United
The 35-year-old has signed on a free transfer, after his contract with Championship strugglers Rotherham United ran out last January, making just seven appearances for them.
Madura United will be Odemwingie’s tenth club in his career, as he has had a long career in England, France, Belgium and Nigeria and will hope to impress at his first Asian club.
Former Stoke City and WBA represented Nigeria 62 times, scoring 11 goals, but his last game came in 2014 against France in the round of 16 of the 2014 World Cup.
Odemwingie has won the English Premier League African Player of the year for 2011, when he scored 15 league goals in 32 games with West Bromwich Albion.
The Nigerian will be Madura’s fourth foreign player after Brazil’s Fabiano Beltrame, Australia’s Dane Milovanović, Morocco’s Redouane Zerzouri.
Madura United finished third in the 2016 Indonesian league, seven points behind champions Persipura. The new season is planned to start on April, 15.