Amr Warda scored his first PAOK goal in a convincing 3-1 win...
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
Ahmed El-Kass: I turned down offers to move to Roma, Juventus and Chelsea
El-Kass was Olympic Club legendary forward and played for the Alexandrian team for more than 10 years. He also played for Zamalek and then ended his career with Ittihad of Alexandria in 2000. He is the league’s fifth all-time highest scorer with 107 goals.
“I received offers to join AS Roma, Juventus and Chelsea a couple of years after the 1990 World Cup,” El-Kass told DMC TV channel. “I refused all offers because of the death of my mother at that time. I was really attached to her.” He added that if he went back in time he will refuse the offers again for the same reason.
The 52-year-old coach also said that he is not convinced with Hector Cuper’s style and tactics. “Egypt can accomplish better achievements with Egyptian coaches like Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, Hossam El-Badry, Hossam Hassan and Ihab Galal,” he concluded.