Egyptian Trezeguet set for trial with Nice
Egyptian giants Al-Ahly have received an offer from Ligue 1 side OGC Nice to bring talented midfielder Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ to France on trial.
“We received an official request from Nice asking to have Trezeguet on a trial,” Ahly football committee member Hadi Khashaba told the club’s official website.
“The problem is that he has a lot of commitments in the meantime, either with Ahly or with the U-20 national team, so it will be difficult for him to travel now.
“But hopefully we will seek a suitable timing to send him. The offer is welcomed and we will not stand against the player’s will to play in Europe.”
UPDATE: Two weeks after the arrival of the trial offer from Nice, Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry has agreed to send Trezeguet to France after their CAF Champions League clash with Bizertin on May 5.
“I am glad that Ahly have allowed me with this opportunity and I hope I would succeed in France,” Trezeguet told FilGoal.
18-year-old Trezeguet, who won the U-20 African Championship with the Young Pharaohs last month, is regarded as one of Ahly’s and Egypt’s hottest prospects. Although, the central midfielder’s nickname was given to him when he played as a striker by his youth coach for his apparent resemblance to the former France international.
OGC Nice are enjoying a successful season this year lying in the fifth spot in the French top flight. The Red and Black Ligue 1 side are looking to reach an agreement with the Red Devils before the U-20 World Cup in Turkey to fend off other potential suitors.
/ 56 mins ago
Al Ahly director of football has commented on his side’s CAF Champions League round...
/ 3 hours ago
Former Liverpool forward Craig Bellamy has suggested that the Reds star Mohamed Salah will...
/ 5 hours ago
Mamelodi Sundowns coach Pitso Mosimane is eager to avenge last year’s defeat to Wydad...