Zamalek reject Valenciennes move for Omar Gaber
Zamalek have rejected an improved offer from Ligue 1 side Valenciennes for Egypt right wing-back Omar Gaber, the club announced.
Despite Zamalek’s interim chairman Kamal Darwish claiming talented duo Mohamed Ibrahim and Omar Gaber will be allowed to move abroad in January – if the Whites Knights can clinch their 22nd Egypt Cup title on Saturday – the club have announced via their official Twitter account that they have rejected Valenciennes’ offer for the latter.
Valenciennes, who are currently 18th in Ligue 1, have reportedly offered €300,000 – with a sell-on clause guaranteeing Zamalek 15% of any future transfer away from the Stade du Hainaut – but the Whites are said to be seeking more than double that amount to permanently part ways with the versatile 21-year-old right wing-back, who also plays as a midfielder.
“The club will never oppose a foreign move for any of the team players,” newly-appointed chairman Darwish said last week.
“Winning the Egypt Cup this season would be a means to let Mohamed Ibrahim and Omar Gaber go abroad.
“We have no worries if they left, I think Zamalek have the alternatives who can fill the void left by any player,” he added.
Mohamed Ibrahim has been linked with La Liga side Málaga throughout the summer, and the club are expected to continue negotiations ahead of a potential loan move in January.
Málaga are said to have offered Zamalek €125,000 for the 21-year-old playmaker to join the club on loan until the end of the season, with the option to make the move permanent for €2 million.
Zamalek, who beat Tala’a El-Gaish 2-1 on Sunday, meet Wadi Degla in the 2013 Egypt Cup final on Saturday 9 November.
/ 2 hours ago
Egypt manager Hector Cuper has announced on Tuesday the Pharaohs’ squad for their upcoming...
/ 3 hours ago
Three Egyptian players have been named in the CAF’S Team of the Week from...
/ 14 hours ago
Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel Hafiz insists that the win against Esperance...