Poll results: Fathi edges out Emam while Shikabala starts
Before the first leg of the qualifiers, team KingFut assembled together a starting XI that has failed us all. So this time we’ve decided to ask our viewers who they thought should start the second leg.
Over a poll that has taken around a day & many different choices, some of which are quite unexpected, we give you the result of your choices. Let’s just hope Bob Bradley was reading them!
First, the Formation: This was the tightest of choices as the modern 4-2-3-1 formation was picked edging out the 4-3-3 by just 1 single vote with just 1 percentage separating them in 37% to 36% of the voters.
1) Goalkeeper: Sherif Ekramy was again trusted for this spot by 52% of the voters at 57 votes compared to his counterpart El-Shennawy with 46% at 51 votes. Not many willing to go with their guts like Bradley?
*Total number of votes = 110, Sobhi obtaining the rest (2)
2) Left-Back: We thought people will be willing to give Abdel-Shafy his chance but that wasn’t the case as only 41% of the voters (55 votes) picked him while Sayed Moawad was chosen by 50% of the voters getting 20 more votes than the Zamalek player.
*Total number of votes = 135, Shedid Kenawy obtaining the rest (6)
3) Center-back: As expected, Wael Gomaa & Rami Rabia dominated with 83% (85 votes) & 75% (77 votes) of the voters picked them respectfully.
*Total number of votes = 103, The rest of the votes were divided between Fathi, Naguib & Ghaly at 20,17 & 16 votes respectfully.
4) Right-Back: Tight contest between Hazem Emam & Ahmed Fathi with the later edging out at 47 votes (46%) compared to Emam’s 44 votes (43%).
*Total number of votes = 103, the remaining votes were shared between Sherif Abdel-Fadil & Rabia at 9 & 3 votes each.
5) Defensive midfield: Hosni Abd-Rabo (79 votes, 79%) & Hossam Ghaly (70 votes, 70%) were the most popular picks, getting at least 39 more votes than their closest competitor El-Nenny (31 votes, 31%).
*Total number of votes = 100, the remaining is shared between Fathi and Ibrahim Salah at 18 & 14 votes respectfully.
6) Wingers and Attacking midfielders: Not much debate here as Abou-Treika & Salah were definite picks at 92 (92%) & 87 (87%) votes each with Shikabala completing the trio by edging out Kahraba at 35 to 31 votes.
*Total number of votes = 100, remaining votes were shared between Walid Soliman & Abdel-Malek at 17 & 1 vote(s) respectfully.
7) Attack: This position was announced by Bradley that it was Zaki’s two days ago and indeed he was the most popular amongst all attackers acquiring 83 votes of a total of 105 votes at 79%, with his nearest competition Gedo at a low 35 votes (33%).
*Total number of votes = 105, remaining votes were shared between Salah (21%), Abou-Treika (10%), Kahraba (10%), Abdel-Malek (2%) & Walid Soliman (1%).
So how will the team look like?
/ 31 mins ago
Shikabala assisted Al-Raed’s first goal, while Mostafa Fathi and Essam El-Hadary featured as Al-Raed...
/ 3 hours ago
CAF has chosen Egypt to host the third edition of the Africa U-23 Cup...
/ 3 hours ago
Egypt international Amr Warda scored as Atromitos earned a 3-0 victory over Lamia in...
/ 4 hours ago
Egypt’s prodigy Ramadan Sobhi played the full 90 minutes as Chelsea defeated Stoke City...