Raja Casablanca release Amr Zaki following season-long ankle injury
Former Wigan hitman Amr Zaki, 30, penned a contract worth $300,000 with Raja Casablanca last month, which was supposed to see him stay with the FIFA Club World Cup runners up until June 2015.
Nevertheless, he will not be completing that duration; Raja and Zaki chose to terminate the contract by mutual consent, according to reports in Morocco, after the problem he had with the team regarding a surgical operation on his ankle.
Thursday night, Amr Zaki announced on his official Facebook page that he will be out injured for the rest of the season as he was injured in a preseason friendly against Portuguese side Vitória.
The announcement came after the player traveled to Germany to consult a German doctor with the approval of Raja’s team doctor and officials. On Tuesday, the player had all the tests done and his leg scanned with X-rays.
The German doctor then contacted Raja Casablanca officials and informed them of the player’s urgent need of a surgical operation and that the operation will be carried out on Wednesday. However, he was met with no reply from the Moroccan side.
Zaki said on Facebook that he was surprised by the complete disregard from the club officials as the team doctor should have been in Munich to follow the player’s situation closely, but wasn’t present
However, Raja will handle all the expenses of the operation as the player was not injured when he first arrived in Morocco since he had successfully passed his medical before putting pen to paper.
/ 9 hours ago
Khaled Boutaib and Mahmoud Kahraba both scored to snatch an important 2-1 win for...
/ 12 hours ago
Wycombe Wanderers manager Gareth Ainsworth said that skipper Adam El-Abd received a red...