Ghana announce provisional squad for Brazil 2014
Ghana have released a 26-man provisional list for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil next month.
The head coach DR. Kwesi Appiah announced the squad on Monday (May 12) afternoon at a ceremony in Ghana Football Association conference room.
The squad will be further reduced to 23 to beat FIFA’s June 2 deadline day.
David Accam, Jeffrey Schlupp and Afriyie Acquah were the surprised call-ups, the likes of veterans John Mensah, Isaac Vorsah were not considered in the list.
Goalkeeper Stephen Adams appeared to be the only player to emerge from the domestic front as no out field player from the domestic league made the squad.
1. Adam Larsen Kwarasey (Strømsgodset, Norway)
2. Fatau Dauda (Orlando Pirates, South Africa)
3. Stephen Adams (Aduana Stars, Ghana)
4. Samuel Inkoom (Platanias, Greece)
5. Daniel Opare (Standard Liège, Belgium)
6. Harrison Afful (Espérance Sportive de Tunis, Tunisia)
7. Jeffrey Schlupp (Leicester City, England)
8. John Boye (Stade Rennais FC, France)
9. Jonathan Mensah (Evian Thonon Gaillard FC, France)
10. Rashid Sumaila (Mamelodi Sundowns FC, South Africa)
11. Jerry Akaminko (Eskişehirspor, Turkey)
12. Michael Essien (AC Milan, Italy)
13. Sulley Muntari (AC Milan, Italy)
14. Rabiu Mohammed (FC Kuban Krasnodar, Russia)
15. Kwadwo Asamoah (Juventus, Italy)
16. Emmanuel Agyemang Badu (Udinese, Italy)
17. Afriyie Acquah (Parma, Italy)
18. Christian Atsu (Vitesse Arnhem, Holland)
19. Albert Adomah (Middlesbrough, England)
20. Andre Ayew (Olympique Marseille, France)
21. Mubarak Wakaso (Rubin Kazan, Russia)
22. David Accam (Helsingborg, Sweden)
23. Asamoah Gyan (Al Ain, UAE)
24. Kevin Prince Boateng (Schalke 04, Germany)
25. Abdul Majeed Waris ( Valenciennes, France)
26. Jordan Ayew (Sochaux, France)
/ 1 hour ago
Osama Nabih, the Assistant Coach for the National Team, has spoken on Omar Gaber’s...
/ 2 hours ago
Osama Nabih, the Assistant Coach of the National Team, spoke on DMC about Sherif...
/ 2 hours ago
Former Liverpool and Republic of Ireland striker John Aldridge expressed his confidence in Mohamed...