Ahmed Elmohamady’s top 10 moments with Hull City
Ahmed Elmohamady has been a cornerstone of Hull City’s squad since joining the club back in July 2013. Saturday marks a very important milestone for the Egyptian international, as his game against Brighton will be his 100th consecutive league start with the Tigers. In celebration, King Fut presents Ahmed Elmohamady’s top 10 moments with Hull City.
1) WE’RE BACK!: Ahmed Elmohamady featured in what was Hull City’s Premier League decider against league champions Cardiff City. Hull City had to win or equal rivals Watford’s result, and to their luck, after they drew with Cardiff, as Watford fell to Leeds 2-1 in one of the most dramatic games in the past few years.
2) FA Cup history: Elmohamady became the first Egyptian to make it to the FA Cup final last season, as his side was defeated by London giants Arsenal. The defender put in an excellent performance that night, but it was not enough to clinch the title.
3) Player of the Season: Ahmed won the Hull City Player of the Season Award for the 2012/2013 award as he helped his side back to the Barclays Premier League
4) Chelsea: Elmohamady’s fifth Barclays Premier League goal was no regular, why? Because his goal went past one of the best keepers on the planet to score the game’s first goal against the League Champions Chelsea. However, the Tigers went to loose the game 3-2 no thanks to Courtois, who produced one of his best performances of the season.
5) The Derby: Elmohamady has excelled for the Tigers since his very first day with the team; the regular starter scored a goal and assisted another to help Hull City to their first derby victory against Leeds in 25 years.
6) Permanent: Hull City first acquired the player’s services on loan, Bruce’s faith payed off as Ahmed excelled with the tigers. His performances earned him a permanent transfer from Sunderland to Hull City for an undisclosed fee estimated at £2million.
7) Player of the Season 2.0: After starting all seasons Premier League games, creating the most goals among the squad, 5, the Egyptian right wing-back earned himself his second Player of the Season Award in three years.
Thank you to all the fans who have voted for me as Player of The Year last season 🏆 just received my award
8) Fifty: Elmohamady made his 50th Barclays Premier League start in a row back in November last year. An incredible achievement for the 28-year-old Pharaoh, and one which highlighted his physical ability and Steve Bruce’s faith in him.
9) The hand of the Pharaoh: Ahmed Elmohamady attempted a Maradona ‘Hand of God’ goal at the KC stadium against Newcastle, however, unlike the Argentenian legend, Elmohamady was booked for his cheeky action. Hull City went on to lose 3-0.
HT: Hull City 0-1 Newcastle. Here's Ahmed Elmohamady fisting the ball into the net, correctly disallowed. https://t.co/PuoAhGnKhE
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) January 31, 2015
10) Dance like an Egyptian: Sky Sports were showing Hull City’s players reactions to the final whistle to the Watford-Leeds game, with Elmohamady showing off some rather amusing dancing moves.
BONUS: If you are to make a top 10 dives of all time compilation, Elmohamady’s against Arsenal will definetly make your list. The Egyptian felt the breeze of Francis Coquelin’s stud, and after taking a moment to compose himself, he leapt like he stepped on a landmine.
/ 49 mins ago
Ivory Coast international Gervinho believes former teammate Mohamed Salah is currently on the same...
/ 2 hours ago
Egypt international right-back, Ahmed Fathi, revealed that being called “Salah’s national team” doesn’t...
/ 13 hours ago
As the Egyptian national team are set to face Portugal in Switzerland on Friday...
/ 14 hours ago
Egypt national team coach Héctor Cúper said that Al Ahly’s Abdallah El-Said is in...