Sports minister: We won’t rush the return of fans to stands
Sports minister Khaled Abdel-Aziz said that there won’t be hasty decisions in the matter of fans’ return to the stands.
Despite the Egyptian FA announcing earlier this month that fans will return to stands in February, Sports minster Khaled Abdel-Aziz has announced on Thursday that there’s no need to hastily decide on a date for fans’ return.
The EFA have allowed fans to attend Egypt’s match against Chad in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers, however, Abdel-Aziz said they shouldn’t rush the return of fans for the Egyptian Premier League matches.
“National team fans are different than club fans. The national team brings fans together, unlike league teams,” Abdel-Aziz said.
“There’s no need to be hurried on fans’ return as the world is on the edge of a cliff,” Abdel-Aziz said in reference to what happened during France and Germany friendly match last week.
Different aspects of the issue are being studied by the EFA, clubs and security forces before presenting it to the council of ministers, according to Abdel-Aziz.
Abdel-Aziz also said that some teams have stadiums suited for fans, while others don’t. He believes that this issue should be put into consideration before taking any decision in order to ensure fairness.
/ 8 hours ago
Egypt International Ramadan Sobhi played the entire match as Stoke City fell to a...
/ 11 hours ago
The head of the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) Competition Committee’s has confirmed that there...
/ 12 hours ago
Egypt’s assistant coach Osama Nabih has explained the reasons behind Omar Gaber’s exclusion from...