Mohamed Salah included in 5-man 2016 CAF Player of the Year shortlist
Egypt international Mohamed Salah was named in the 5-man shortlist for the 2016 CAF Player of the Year, as Algerian duo Riyad Mahrez and Islam Slimani were also included.
The shortlists for the 2016 CAF Player of the Year and Africa-Based CAF Player of the Year were decided by votes from the CAF Media Committee, CAF Technical and Development Committee and half of the 20-member Panel of Experts.
The shortlists were as follows:
2016 Player of the Year:
1. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon & Borrusia Dortmund)
2. Riyad Mahrez (Algeria & Leicester City)
3. Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool)
4. MOHAMED SALAH (Egypt & Roma)
5. Islam Slimani (Algeria & Leicester City)
2016 Player of the Year (Based in Africa):
1. Khama Billiat (Mamelodi Sundowns & Zimbabwe)
2. Keegan Dolly (Mamelodi Sundowns & South Africa)
3. Rainford Kalaba (TP Mazembe & Zambia)
4. Hlompho Kekana (Mamelodi Sundowns & South Africa)
5. Denis Onyango (Mamelodi Sundowns & Uganda)
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang won Player of the Year in 2015, while Mbwana Ally Samatta won Player of the Year (Based in Africa) before moving to Belgian side Genk.
/ 10 hours ago
Riyad Mahrez scored late to help Leicester City earn a 1-1 draw with West...
/ 12 hours ago
Al Ahly defeated newly promoted side Al Ragaa 4-1 on Monday in a postponed...
/ 14 hours ago
Mido is one of the few Egyptians who has played in numerous European leagues...