Connect with us

Egyptian Football News

Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with a goalless draw against ENPPI

Al Ahly's winning

Photo: Al Ahly SC

Al Ahly’s winning streak discontinued as they were held to a goalless draw against ENPPI in the 15th round of the Egyptian Premier League at Petrosport stadium.

Al Ahly XI: Ekramy; Hussein El-Sayed, Saad Samir, Mohamed Nagiub, Mohamed Hani; Ahmed Fathi, Hossam Ashour, Momen Zakaria, Abdallah El-Said, Mido Gaber; Marwan Mohsen

After seven successive victories, the Red Devils dropped two points, as they drew for the third time this season.

ENPPI were on the verge of taking the lead after just three minutes, Hussein El-Sayed cleared a cross into the penalty area before Sherif Ekramy, but Mahmoud Kaooud put his shot over the bar.

After 12 minutes, ENPPI went close again as Amr Marei headed another cross from the left side, but the ball found Ekramy’s hands.

ENPPI’s defense had managed to prevent Al Ahly from causing any danger inside their penalty box, and Al Ahly were forced to try from outside the box as Ahmed Fathi’s effort went wide in the 32nd minute.

The rest of the half was uneventful, except for a yellow card for Marwan Mohsen following a challenge against Salah Soliman, two minutes before the half time whistle.

Both teams started the second half in the same way they ended the first one, with Al Ahly having dominant possession over the ball and ENPPI closing the spaces in front of them.

After 15 minutes in the second half, Al Ahly were awarded a free kick near the edge of the penalty area. El-Said played a ball to Momen Zakaria whose shot went wide before he was ruled out for offside.

Second half substitute Walid Soliman received a brilliant long ball from Saad Samir that sent him between ENPPI defenders, but he wasn’t quick enough as his shot was cleared by the defense.

Al Ahly were close to scoring the decisive goal at the 71st minute, when Walid Soliman sent a cross from a free kick, but Fathi’s header went above the bar.

Four minutes before the final whistle, Hussein El-Sayed missed a golden chance to give his side a late advantage as he headed a cross from the left side, but it went inches beside the left post.

Six minutes of additional time were given by the referee but both teams failed to change the scoreline as the final whistle came with the goalless draw.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



More in Egyptian Football News