Connect with us

Egyptian Football News

Coulibaly not in talks with another club, says lawyer

Coulibaly

Photo: Al Ahly SC

Souleymane Coulibaly’s representative denied that the Al Ahly striker is in talks to join another club, stressing that the Ivorian player travelled for a “ family emergency”. 

The 22-year-old striker had travelled to England on Thursday without the club’s permission, according to Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz.

He sent Abdel-Hafiz a text message after he arrived in London, telling him that he will explain his reasons later. Abdel-Hafiz added that Coulibaly would face punishments after returning back to Egypt.

Several news reports claimed that Coulibaly might be discussing an offer in England. However, Dan Chapman, sports lawyer and senior partner at Full Contact – the agency that represents Coulibaly – denied that the Ivorian player is intending to leave Al Ahly.

“Souleymane Coulibaly is not in England to discuss a transfer as has been reported! He’s got a family emergency to deal with,” Chapman said on his Twitter account.

“We and our Egyptian colleagues are working to help and Souley fully respects his Al Ahly contract. Some of the speculation is not helpful.”

The former Tottenham forward joined the Cairo giants last January from Scottish side Kilmarnock for $800,000 after nearly joining arch-rivals Zamalek.

Al Ahly’s player of the month for April has made 12 appearances for the Reds so far, scoring six league goals, as his side needs only one point to lift the Egyptian Premier League title.

In addition to being a football/soccer and basketball enthusiast, I am currently pursuing a combined BS/MD degree at VCU. I also currently work as a Pharmacy Technician in my spare time.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Latest

More in Egyptian Football News