Senegal’s Keita Balde joins Monaco from Lazio
Ligue 1 side AS Monaco have completed the signing of Senegal winger Keita Balde from Lazio on a five-year deal.
Balde, a Barcelona youth product, joined Italian side Lazio in 2011 and made his debut for Lazio’s first team in 2013 at the age of 18. The 22-year-old scored 16 goals in 31 Serie A appearances last season.
After completing his medical on Tuesday, Balde signed a contract with the Ligue 1 titleholders that will keep him at the club until June 2022.
“I’m very happy to be signing for AS Monaco, a club with a great history. I’m very pleased to be here and can’t wait to start playing,” Balde, who will wear the No. 14 shirt, told the club’s official website.
“A lot of players and friends have said good things to me about the club, the spirit in the squad and the team.
“When you get the chance to come here, you accept straight away. It’s the ideal project for me. I’m very happy to be joining a strong squad, with big players who had a brilliant season last year,” he added.
The Senegal international, who scored three goals in 12 appearances for the Lions of Teranga, had been linked with moves to Juventus and Inter before joining Monaco.
Monaco CEO Vadim Vasilyev expressed his happiness after signing Balde.”We are delighted to welcome Keita Baldé to AS Monaco. He is a young forward who already has over 100 appearances in Serie A and also has experience of European competition.”
“He’s a player we’ve been monitoring for some time, who has already shown a lot of quality and in whom we have a lot of faith to continue building a strong side this season,” Vasilyev added.
/ 1 hour ago
Entag El-Harby’s transfer target Omar Namsaoui has signed a new contract with his club...
/ 6 hours ago
Al Ahly’s winter signing Geraldo da Costa is hoping that Al Ahly fans will...
/ 6 hours ago
Uganda head coach Sébastien Desabre has confirmed that his team’s focus in the group...