Connect with us


Kahraba and Abdel-Shafy both play as Al-Ittihad draw with Al-Fateh

Photo: @Ittihad on Twitter

Mahmoud Kahraba’s Al-Ittihad were held to a 0-0 draw against Abdel-Shafy’s in the 21st fixture of the as both players feautured during the whole 90 minutes.

The game was very intense from the beginning as Al-Fateh defender, AbdAllah Al-Dawsari, received a yellow card after just 15 seconds into the first-half after tackling Tunisian striker Ahmed Akaichi.

Both teams had their opportunities very early into the first-half with Kahraba’s shot going wide in the second minute and Abdel-Shafy scoring a header in the seventh minute but was caught offside.

After some crazy first minutes, both sides were more composed which led them to count on set pieces to create opportunities.

In the 30th minute Tunisian winger AbdelKader Oueslati, nearly opened the scoring for the visitors as his header was saved by Al-Ittihad goalkeeper, Fawaz Al-Qarni.

Al-Fateh continued their control over the game as the post saved Al-Ittihad from Moahamed Aman’s header just seven minutes before the half-time whistle.

The second half was very balanced as both sides had more or less the same amount of chances, but failed to turn any of these opportunities into goals.

In the 81st the hosts were awarded a penalty after Al-Dawsari tackled Ammar Al-Najar inside the penalty box, but Al-Fateh goalkeeper, Al-Owayshir, was able to save Ahmed Akaichi’s shot.

After this result Al-Ittihad sit in the fifth position on the Saudi Professional League table with 30 points, they will be facing Al-Shabab in their next game in the quarter-finals of the King’s Cup on February 23. As for Al-Fateh they currently are in the ninth position on the league table with 26 points and will be facing Al-Feiha on March 1.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.



More in News