FIFA issue decision to Zamalek regarding Mendomo wages
After making just 15 league appearances for the club, Zamalek were dealt a blow in 2013 when Alexis Enam Mendomo left the club due to allegations that he had not been receiving wages from them. Since then, the midfielder has lodged a complaint to FIFA in an attempt to be compensated for his time in Egypt, and FIFA have since responded to the claim with a letter that was issued to Zamalek. In the letter, FIFA said the following:
1) The club Zamalek Sporting Club is pronounced guilty of failing to comply with the decision passed by the Court of Arbitration for Sport on 11 July 2017 and is, therefore, in violation of art. 64 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code
2) The club Zamelek Sporting Club is ordered to pay a fine to the amount CHF 30,000. The fine is to be paid within 90 days of notification of the present decision.
3) The club Zamalek Sporting Club is granted a final period of grace of 90 days as from the notification of the present decision in which to settle its debt to the creditor, the player Alexis Enam Mendomo.
4) If payment is not made by this deadline, the creditor may demand in writing from the secreteriat to the FIFA Disciplinary Committee that six (6) points be deducted from the debtor’s first team int he domestic league championship.
5) If the club Zamalek Sporting Club still fails to pay the amount due even after deduction of the points in accordance with point 4 above, the FIFA Disciplinary Committee will decide on a possible relegation of the debtor’s first team to the next lower division.
Assuming FIFA would follow through with these threats, it would be in Zamalek’s best interest to pay the fine as soon as possible. Due to the 90 day period they have to pay the fine they still have until the middle of June to respond.
/ 11 hours ago
PAOK coach Răzvan Lucescu has stated that Egypt international Amr Warda is available for...
/ 12 hours ago
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has remained cautious over the availability of Egypt star Mohamed...
/ 13 hours ago
The owner of Austria’s fourth tier club FC Mauerwerk Mostafa El-Nemr has reiterated his...