Connect with us

Egyptian Football News

Mohamed Salah shortlisted for Premier League Player of Season award

Mohamed Salah Champions League Goal of the Week

Photo by Laurence Griffiths/Getty Images

Liverpool star has been shortlisted for the Player of the Season award.

Salah has been putting in incredible performances in his debut Liverpool season as he netted 43 goals so far across all competitions with the Reds. He’s also leading the Premier League Golden Boot race with 31 goals, four ahead of second-placed Harry Kane.

The 25-year-old headed a six-man shortlist for the award up against Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), David De Gea (Manchester United) and James Tarkowski (Burnley).

Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante had collected the award for the 2016/17 season after beating competition from Eden Hazard, Cesar Azpilicueta, Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Jan Vertonghen, Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez.

Salah has already collected a host of prizes on his debut season, with the Egypt international becoming the first ever player to win the Player of the Month award three times in a single season.

He also won the prestigious PFA Player of the Year award and Football Writers’ Association’s Footballer of the Year following his impressive form with the Reds.

The public vote accounts for 10 per cent of the overall result of the Premier League Player of the Season award, while the remaining 90 per cent will be based on the selection of a panel of experts.

You can vote for your Premier League Player of the Season here. Voting closes at 11pm GMT on Thursday, May 10, while he winner will be announced on Sunday, May 13.

Editor-in-Chief at KingFut.com. Pursuing a master's degree in sport policy, management and international development at the University of Edinburgh.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Advertisement

Latest

More in Egyptian Football News