Connect with us

Egyptian Football News

Mohamed Salah named Premier League Player of the Season

Photo: Julian Finney/Getty Images


forward has been named on Sunday EA Sports Premier League Player of the Season.

The 25-year-old scored 31 goals in 35 league appearances during his debut Liverpool season and is leading the Golden Boot race, three goals ahead of second-placed Harry Kane. He also won a host of awards this season including the PFA Player of the Year award and the Football Writers’ Player of the Year, as well as Liverpool’s Player of the Year award.

Salah collected the Premier League Player of the Season award after beating off competition from David de Gea (Manchester United), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), James Tarkowski (Burnley), Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling (Manchester City).

The public vote accounts for 10 per cent of the overall result of the award, while the remaining 90 per cent were be based on the selection of a panel of experts.

“I’m very happy, it’s an honour to win this award,” Salah said after getting the award at Melwood.

“It was always in my mind to come back to the Premier League to show the people that say I didn’t succeed here the first time.”

Salah’s first Premier League stint came during the 2014/2015 season when joined Chelsea from FC Basel, but failed to shine under then-manager Jose Mourinho. The Egypt international, who enjoyed an impressive season at Liverpool, praised his manager Jurgen Klopp saying that he played an important role in his development.

Jurgen Klopp Mohamed Salah

Photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images


“Before everything, we are friends, I like him a lot,” Salah said about Klopp.

“He has helped me a lot to do what I’m doing now, on the field and off it, I have to thank him for everything he has done this year.

“But [there are] still two games, we have to think about that.

“I really, really respect him a lot and I’m sure we are going to do something special for the club this year,” he added.

Liverpool will face Brighton at Anfield on Sunday and will need just one point to ensure a top-four finish ahead of Chelsea, before travelling to Kiev to play against Real Madrid in the Champions League final.

Editor-in-Chief at KingFut.com. Pursuing a master's degree in sport policy, management and international development at the University of Edinburgh.

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Billious

    May 13, 2018 at 1:26 PM

    Harry wont be happy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Advertisement

Latest

More in Egyptian Football News