Connect with us

Beyond Borders

Souleymane Coulibaly: I will never return to play in a country like Egypt

Photo: Pete Norton/Getty Images

Ivorian striker has said that he will never return to play in a country like Egypt after being released by .

The former Al Ahly man left the club in an extremely controversial fashion, and the ongoing legal cases that followed made him one of the most divisive figures in Egyptian football history.

READ: Former Al Ahly forward Souleymane Coulibaly released by Partick Thistle

In a recent interview, Coulibaly touched on his time in Egypt and how it has affected both his career and his personal life.

The 24 year old said “Those two years have been tough for me personally and in football, but I am sure the next season is going to be good me because we all learn from our mistakes, and from others who won’t give you the chance and those people who want to see you fail.”

“In football you never know where your chance will come, but I know I can take it, as I’ve learned a lot from those two years. And I will never return to play in a country like Egypt.”

“I am hoping for a good project and a good club to join. I need to enjoy my football again, as I am still young and I’ve been fed up for two years without playing, so next season will be very important for me.”

Coulibaly is now trying to get his career back on track after being released by Partick Thistle, in the same Scottish football system that convinced Al Ahly to sign him in the first place.

Match Reporter and Editor at KingFut.com. Quantity surveyor from South East London. Support Leyton Orient and Inter at club level. Due to my mixed heritage I also support England, Egypt and Poland at national level. If it involves a stadium and a football then I'll watch it.

7 Comments

7 Comments

1. Osama

May 17, 2019 at 4:17 PM

Who are you to say that ? Al ahly and Egypt bigger then you and your people you just nothing and al ahly teach you how to be player that make u 2 years stay at home clean u ass

2. Ali hassan

May 17, 2019 at 4:32 PM

U are a shame. A thief who stole money from Al ahli club and escaped like a coward. Curse on U.

3. Mo. Ezzat

May 17, 2019 at 8:21 PM

This is the club of the century in Africa … Many players came to perform n play Al ahly for more than 100 years.
    Al ahly always an icon n role-model for African clubs.
    No-one came to this giant club and complain against ahly … Kolibaly shame on on you … Retarded.

4. Mano

May 17, 2019 at 11:42 PM

What?
    There is alot of african players in egypt and they enjoyed alot, why you the only one said that? Ask your self why?
    And ask your self about your history too
    I think you will find a good answer

5. Husam

May 18, 2019 at 4:56 AM

Sham on you if you have sense of humor you will never talk about Egypt land of Pharos like that , but what we can expect from sheeters & Laird like you one who didn’t respect law’s & contract you are hungry for money so you can do anything yo get it , such person like you will never success anywhere your bad repetition and background will follow you like your shadow everywhere , finally if you wasn’t played football with the biggest club in Africa & Arab world and club of century for sure no one will hear about you

• Ahmed talaat

May 18, 2019 at 10:06 PM

Chill wtf

6. Badr

May 18, 2019 at 5:55 PM

I heard that this guy had mental illness history that’s why he didn’t play in a single club for more than a year. if he was normal person he should be playing in higher evel cuz he was promising when he was young but this illness made it hard for him.