Connect with us

Beyond Borders

Israeli forward: Salah never said he didn’t want me in Liverpool

Photo: Robbie Jay Barratt – AMA/Getty Images

Israeli striker denied rumours suggesting that Egypt’s asked the Liverpool board not to sign him.

Dabour was heavily linked with a move to Merseyside since January following his impressive performances with Austria’s Red Bull Salzburg.

Last season the 27-year-old managed to score on 37 occasions in his 48 appearances across all competitions, guiding his former club to the domestic double.

However earlier this year it was rumoured that Liverpool star Mohamed Salah asked the board not to sign the forward due to his nationality, and has threatened to leave the club if the transfer goes through.



Now, the new Sevilla signing confirmed that he had never received an official offer from Liverpool, denying that Salah had anything to stop his move to England.

“There was never an official offer (from Liverpool),” Dabour told AS.

“They were only linked with me because I was in England on vacation.

“That story isn’t true. I have Egyptian friends who spoke with Salah and he assured them that he had never said he did not want me in Liverpool.

“We will play soon against Liverpool (in Boston, on 21 July). I hope we see Salah, and I’m sure we’ll talk,” he added.

2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. Badawy Badawy

    July 14, 2019 at 3:53 PM

    He is freaking Israeli. This is an insult to a great Egyptian Hero.

    • Bernard

      July 14, 2019 at 10:22 PM

      Your backward comment is an insult to a great Egyptian hero as well as an insult to anybody who can appreciate good football. Dabour might be Israeli, he is also an Israeli-Arab who deals with enough racism in his own country, ya gahil.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Advertisement

Latest

More in Beyond Borders