Al-Assiouty announce relaunching project, to be named La Viena FC
Al Assiouty were initially founded in 2008 in the city of Asiut and started in the fourth tier of Egyptian football. Six years later, they earned their first ever promotion to the Egyptian Premier League.
However the club suffered relegation in their first season after finishing 19th in the then 20-club league. They remained in the second division for two years before returning two years later where they secured a respectful ninth place finish.
Before the start of the 2018-2019 season the club was bought by Saudi businessman and current head of the country’s General Authority of Entertainment (GEA), Turki Al-Sheikh, and was renamed Pyramids FC.
The club received heavy investments which helped them become one of the main players in the Egyptian football scene, competing with the likes of Al Ahly and Zamalek. They were even able to qualify for a continental competition in the CAF Confederation Cup, where they currently top their group.
Now, former Al-Assiouty FC chairman Mahmoud Al Assiouty announced that the club will be relaunched under the “Al-Assiouty 2020” project and will change its name to La Viena FC.
In his statement Al Assiouty revealed that the club will start its new journey in the Egyptian fourth division and will be founded on the following foundations and standards:
- Found a sports academy using the latest practical and scientific devices, under the supervision of foreign experts.
- Create an English learning center for the young player so that they can move abroad.
- Build a modern medical center at the club by European standards.
- Hire the best medical experts to work in the club’s medical center.
- Organize trial periods for the club’s talents at European clubs, after preparing them on the sporting and cultural levels.
- La Viena FC will participate in the Egyptian fourth division
- Train former Al-Assiouty FC players in order for them to work in the youth academy.
Al Assiouty concluded his statement by confirming that they will start working on the project in January 2020 with the help of European experts who will help them scout young talents.
/ 4 hours ago
Olympiacos have been handed a huge boost as Egypt international Ahmed Hassan Kouka could...
/ 6 hours ago
It has been reported that Luxor officials arrested some Al Ahly fans over a...
/ 8 hours ago
The Ministry of Sports announced the suspension of the Zamalek’s board of directors, and...
/ 11 hours ago
Arab Contractors have sealed the signing of former Al Ahly and Smouha forward Mohamed...