Connect with us

Egyptian Football News

EFA reveal stance on Al Masry’s withdrawal from Ismaily clash

The (EFA) have revealed their stance on Al Masry’s withdrawal from their Egyptian Premier League clash against Ismaily.

Al Masry were set to take on Ismaily in the Egyptian Premier League on Friday despite the club announcing a total of 22 COVID-19 cases at the club.

The Port-Said side then failed to show up at Borg El-Arab stadium on time as the referee awarded the victory to Ismaily.

An hour later, the EFA released a statement, announcing that Al Masry had no right to forfeit Friday’s clash, given that the EFA’s medical committee offered them additional PCR tests to ensure that it’s safe to hold the game.

Their statement also added that the league’s bylaws will be applied and Al Masry’s forfeit will count as a loss for them in the league table.

“The Egyptian Football Association has taken a clear decision that it will consider postponing matches in which the number of cases at one of the clubs exceeds ten cases,” the EFA said in a statement.

They also explained that Al Masry’s game against Haras El-Hodood days ago was postponed because the number of positive test results at the former exceeded ten while the tests conducted before the Ismaily clash only showed nine COVID-19 cases.

Al Masry have not received any additional sanctions so far and are currently 11th in the Egyptian Premier League table with 20 points after 18 games played.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Advertisement

Latest

More in Egyptian Football News